Thursday, February 26, 2009

Layoffs

I still have a job, but people around me are being laid off on a daily basis. It is demoralizing to say the least, but I also noticed a strange and alarming trend that people being laid off are the people that I think are far more intelligent and much better employees than those who are staying and even getting promoted. Why do these management newcomers not recognize the brilliance in introverted and down-to-earth geniuses, and are taken with overly ambitious and overly enthusiastic bullshitters?

Vincent is gone... he just stopped by my desk and said: "that's it, i am gone." Even his good-bye message was silly and not sappy sentimental..."[Insert Product Name] - it's survived this long... don't break it!"

1 comment:

sg said...

It is always like that, the enthusiastic bullshitters get noticed because of their enthusiasm, not the down to earth people who just do their job. I get it all the time, at work everyone thinks I'm a shit teacher, because I don't keep on about teaching once the lesson is over. Thank goodness there is still a shortage of teachers...