Monday, November 24, 2008

Newly Single and Grumpy

Well, my husband is away on a business trip and I have to manage three kids that are used to being a part of a two-parent household. It is hell, let me tell you! All three, but especially my youngest, have no patience. I mean it, no patience at all! The concept of waiting for something is foreign to Sofia. If she wants it, it has to be done immediately or else the chandelier and the china cabinet will start shaking from the ultrasound my daughter is able to squeeze out of her vocal cords. I have to shower in the morning, but how does one do it with a 16-months old sleeping in my bed (she migrates from her crib into our bed by midnight every night.) I have to very quietly and very quickly wake up Masha (not an easy task to accomplish even when you can take your time and be as loud as you need to be.) Then Masha needs to take my place in the bed quietly and I can go shower and pray to God that Sofia does not discover the "mommy swap." She is too smart to buy into this and will immediately put the siren on. Have I mentioned that I hate my husband right now?

No comments: