Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who cares about money anyway?

As a family, we are so lucky and we have so much to be thankful for. If I didn't have what I have, I would pay all the money in the world to have this and would quite possibly sacrifice any of my extremities by chewing them off with my own teeth for the things that truly count:

1) I have three wonderful children
2) The health problems that my children have are manageable and do not impact their life
3) I have a wonderful loving husband
4) Both sets of our parents are alive and in fairly good health
5) I have wonderful friends and abundance of love and support all around
6) I am safe because I live in a country where there is peace and no shortage of food or clean water
7) Even though my family lives in Russia, I get to see them quite often and speak to them daily

We are so happy right now, I am really having the time of my life (if only I could have a job that is a little more in sync with my nature and my desire to be productive.)

P.S. I have been buying only the absolute necessities since July (so for 4 months now!) and I love it! We really need so little.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

No comments: