Wednesday, October 22, 2008

401k Statements

They arrived yesterday... There was a moment of silence while both Vadim and I processed the news... a drop of 30% in value over a period of one quarter. We both must have looked frightened to the point that our middle (the more intuitive and sensitive) child had to inquire whether we were poor now. WE ARE! Our retirement funds (that are all our money, as the company does not have a matching 401k) are dwindling faster than our Halloween candy in a bowl sitting within reach of three kids and two adult chocoholics. Well, the e-mail just went out to our 401k administrator to lower my contributions to ...0%. If I am meant to lose all my money, I want to do it in style and my way! I refuse to lead protozoan existance in the murky financial waters ruled by corrupt financial gluttons and billion-dollar monstrosities. Is anyone organizing a protest against this bullshit (preferrably virtual and without donation solicitation)?

No comments: