Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend notes

My weekends are always overwhelming. I wonder if one of my single friends complaining of loneliness could handle a three day weekend like mine. I doubt it! Not because I am any sort of hero, I am sure I would have a hell of a time if I were "wife-swapped" into a family with 9 kids.

The weather was so beautiful. We have hot days and cool nights, the October weather is wonderful, but I miss my change in seasons. There is no color explosion in the Golden Gate park or anywhere in the city, the leaves just kind of go from green to brown and then fall off onto the city streets making them look unappealing and dirty. I cannot even get my melancholy waves as there is nothing that triggers my emotions, nothing at all that reminds me of Pushkin's "ochei ocharovanie..." I did find one tree and drowned my camera in the branches!



We went to the beach for the afternoon, but we are becoming less and less of an outdoorsy family... I don't see anybody having an incredibly good time. Somehow, we love our house so much that given an opportunity all of us would probably retract back into the safety of our "home shell."


My son is gaining his confidence back and it makes me so happy! He had a hard year last year in terms of his team sports, his health, his friendships, etc. This year is so much better! He loves his hockey team, he fits in, he scored two goals on Saturday, a goal and several assists on Sunday (and overall just picking up speed!) I am so happy. He is very athletic, but he is also a shy boy playing contact sports (a very hard thing to do!) Here is a pic from this weekend - playing tennis with Dad.





My girls had fun, but there was a healthy dose of bickering, tears, screaming, hugging, running around and getting bumps and bruises...







My husband was giving himself a creative haircut-shave combo with random patches of hair left all over his head! Looks very chic, no?


No comments: