Thursday, October 30, 2008

Raining -- we haven't seen rain in 6 months

I am happy there is finally rain... I have missed rain, we hadn't heard the drops drumming against my office window in over 6 months. I want to enjoy autumn. I feel deprived of the intoxicating cocktail of colorful foliage (my body, as that of an alcoholic, is craving some color: reds, oranges, yellows, burgundies, ....where is this nectar for my soul?) San Francisco does not tempt me with addictive fall weather (bright, crisp, sunny, cold... mild and so delicious.) I am here confused and lost in-between seasons all year long. It hurts especially during fall and spring (I have not seen or smelled the gentle scent of Coltsfoot or Mать-и-мачеха in 15 years!) Spring is a different nostalgic post though that is coming Spring 2009, if I am still blogging.

No comments: