Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My son is 11

My son is 11 years old. How amazing is this? He is 11 and I am 33... I am 3 times his age and yet he is wiser and more knowledgeable in some things... well, mostly more knowledgeable when it comes to sports, PlayStation games, Wii games, and American cinematography. He has this inner intelligence about him when he knows when not to pry, not to pester, be considerate, let people off easily when they make mistakes.... (My daughter is more of a rottweiler when it comes to asking embarrassing questions in public, or not letting go of something that makes her parents a laughing stock for all.) My son is gentle and wise, but a man nonetheless... quiet, determined, monogamous (he has liked the same girl since he was 7,) a fighter on ice, modest and funny. I love my boy and I am so proud of him.

No comments: