Friday, February 13, 2009

My Car

My husband and I have owned our Nissan Quest for 10 years... This is what this car has been through during that time:

1) 200,000 miles of being driven by either me or Vadim
2) I am sure over 100 different people were passengers in the car at one point or another in addition to family members
3) Every member of our family threw up in the car at least once (frankly, every member of the family has done this more than once...)... god, I will never be able to part with this car after this revelation... (Just to set the record straight, all my vomitting was due to pregnancy related morning sickness.)
4) Thousands of pounds of food have been transported in the car (and hundreds of pounds eaten inside the vehicle while in route to some remote, or not so remote, destination.)
5) Many times the car contracted some mysterious nasty smell (clearly of organic nature) and we successfully combatted it every time
6) 5 different car seats graced the seats inside the vehicle with three babies strapped in at different times
7) Crayons melted permanently into the seat in one spot (do not leave crayons in the car!)

Bottom line, this car is like family... I will probably be driving it 10 years from now. I am sure it is doable, I see some taxis that have 400k miles and are still on the road.

No comments: