Thursday, November 13, 2008

Observation

I have a lot of friends that are not parents yet and are longing to have children. When we meet they are fast to run towards my baby girl, completely ignoring my 9 and 10 year olds... The baby is showered with attention, affection and admiration. Wherever the baby goes, she is followed by a swarming buzzing crowd of females... yet the two older kids are mostly turned into disappointed audience, there to witness these spontaneous pagan ceremonies of limb worshipping ("cute tiny feet...look at the sweet little fingers..."). Nobody has ever come up to me and said: "I want me one of those" (pointing at the two older kids.) Why? I love older kids! You can already theorize what type of people they will become... you can see the traits they inherited... they have some scars and bruises, and yet they are still so innocent...

No comments: