Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dream

What a messy dream... I am back in Russia for a visit... There is a lunch I scheduled with a friend and I am looking for the cafe... The cafe is called "Cafe on 3rd Street" and I cannot find it... All streets have San Francisco street names, but look gloomy and deserted with run-down apartment highrises on both sides. I am lost and I am alone, walking in circles lost in the labyrinth of unfamiliar buildings and emotions. Finally on the corner I see my Babulya (my maternal grandmother that passed away on October 8, 2003.) She has red curly hair (henna was her main beauty product) and is dressed in orange mohair cardigan and a skirt. She is observing me and I cannot read her face... it has no love, anger, passion, laughter... she is very composed and very calm... Later on I am in her apartment, but it looks nothing like her apartment. It is a one-room tiny place. She is sitting on a hard sofa with her back straight with her shoes on and holding a purse, as if she is in a reception area of some Russian official. She tries to tell me something, as if to warn me, or to explain to me, but I cannot comprehend and I am not paying attention. I cannot decipher this dream, but I am very anxious and scared upon waking up.

No comments: