Sunday, November 02, 2008

Busy weekend, as always... the weekend of getting lost and running late

I am trying to have a good attitude, but I am beat. So tired!

Saturday was rainy... I have been a bit anxious due to different family circumstances. Anxiety comes in waves and feels like emotional nausea. I know that there are medications for that, as well as just for being blue, but I actually appreciate the variety of feelings that I am capable of experiencing... for the most part the appreciation comes postfactum.

Anton was late for his hockey game (for the first time ever).... On Sunday, we were late for Stanley/Daniel birthday party (we got lost), we were almost late for Anton's basketball clinic (BART delay.) I don't normally suffer from "geographic cretinism", that is Vadim's prerogative. This weekend was out of the ordinary, as I kept going into the exact opposite direction every time I was going anywhere. I wonder if it is a sign of sorts to not follow my instincts this week and do the opposite of what my intuition is whispering in my ear.

Masha and I shared a club sandwich and a salad at Sugar cafe at 679 Sutter (cute, reasonably priced, with good Internet connection and a nice yuppie crowd.)







We have been running... running... running... and it's Sunday night and I can finally just lie down on the sofa.

Ok... and finally a funny poem that I read in good quality literature that my son stocks his bathroom with (He has a variety of comic books, magazines, steven king books, and some detective stories.)

Women's faults are many.
And men have only two:
Everything they say
And everything they do.

HA HA HA! That's right!

No comments: