Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Events

Typical weekend - busy and fun:

Saturday:
Masha's Swim Meet in Orinda - her first swim meet! Masha and Daddy did great (in an outdoor pool when it was 60F!)
Sofia's Halloween Party at the USCF -- Sofi went as a Piglet. She got to meet a beautiful little girl named Zoe, so cute! I hope they become friends. Jeff and Karyn, Zoe's parents, seemed wonderful and I hope that we get to know each other. We left the party at 513 Parnassus and I walked all the way to grandparents' home (4 miles!!) I figured my lovely days of walking with a stroller are practically over and I wanted to take advantage of the sunny day in SF.
Anton's Soccer Game -- well, sigh. We lost with a ridiculous score, but thankfully the season is almost over. Anton did OK, but his heel seems to be bothering him more lately. We will need to investigate that.
Karaoke Night at Shimberg's - we had a great time! Lots of people came, lots of singing and laughing. I hope we do it again soon.

Vadik got into an argument with Fima over the location of his car placard.... They are so funny when they fight.

Sunday:

Hockey Game (home) against Santa Clara (the best team in the league.) We lost 11:1...ha ha, Anton scored the only goal... but still, painful. Kesha stopped by, Anton says he is his good luck charm. Funny!

Stopped by the parent's home to pick up the baby. I missed her so much. I cannot be away from her at all, I have a physical addiction to this warm and sweet smelling olive colored baby flesh.

Vadik took the kids to Taco Bell and window shopped a little. Stopped by Mervins (all stores are closing)because Anton needs new shoes, but unfortunately there was nothing worth looking at.

Anton had two projects: to write a poem about Rain and make a diorama about Indians (I will post the poem we co-wrote shortly.)

Yasha stopped by for his monthly visit. Later Igor and Ira came by -- we had a good time! For the first time I made blinchiki that turned out good, so we had some tea with blinchiki. They are such a great couple, sweet and funny... just genuinly kind people! (Vadik even shared his "ananasnye" with them, which is a sign that he feels these are truly special friends!)

Now I am just sitting here, exhausted after such a busy weekend... but so happy to have had so much time with my husband, my kids, my friends. I am too tired to practice any of the creative writing stuff, so this is just a brief recap.

No comments: